Today I am exceptionally happy.
I was sitting on my desk at the lab, busy editing my upcoming presentation (which is a story worth a post by itself) when I received a sweet email of a new comment.
I checked it and there it was: a nomination for a Liebster Award by the kind aleniaban. Thank you so much 🙂
It really made my day even if it means I have less than 200 followers. I just hit my half point goal for this year by 101 followers. Not much, I know, but I never expected more than myself to bother reading this blog.
So you can imagine how happy I am right now *wide grin*
Never mind that, back to the award.
The purpose of this award is to encourage writers of new blogs and explore more of this world of blogging. I started this blog in September but only started really taking care of it in November as a part of the blog her post a day in November which was lots of fun and stress. Thank god for WordPress scheduler 🙂
The rules of the Award are as follows:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
So, first of all, I must thank aleniaban, again, for the nomination 🙂
Here are my answers to her questions:
1. What’s your preferred mode of transportation?
Well, I wish we had one of those Willy Wonka elevators. But since we don’t, I’ll say by car 🙂
2. Have you imagined yourself what you are right now?
No, I am very surprised I managed to become who I am. I’ve grown to impress myself in many occasions. Who knew one could actually learn to be more courageous and more willing to face the unknown and quit hiding near mommy? I sure didn’t, but glad I managed to do it anyway.
3. If you have one thing that needs to be done today, what would it be?
Finish editing my NaNo novel. It is driving me crazy and the time I spend in the lab is not making it any easier.
4. What language do you wish you could speak fluently?
I’m not sure there is a language I do not wish I spoke fluently. If I could I would learn each language in the world, and some accents too. For now I’ll settle for Japanese, Chinese or Korean. Spanish would be nice too 🙂
5. What’s your kind of day?
One lovely winter day when I don’t have to leave the house. I would spend the hours cuddling my blanket reading books, blogging, writing and watching some TV. Don’t forget lots of comfort food, especially my mother’s famous homemade soup 🙂
6. What would you tell your least favorite teacher right now?
” Dear Mr. Boring,
Please raise your voice, cut down some of that unnecessary long talk and get to the point straight, loud and clear. No need to make me fall asleep :)”
7. Would you change anything about yourself?
I wish to quit being a major procrastinator and become more patient. Of course there are more things I’d like to change as well, but these are the most troubling at the moment.
8. Dog or cat?
P.S. I am terrified of Dogs and too allergic for cats.
9. Do you believe in faith?
I believe in God, fate and have lots of faith. I think faith can get you through anything, if you don’t believe in magic, you won’t be able to see it happen all around you.
10. Have you witnessed a miracle?
I’m not sure a day goes by without us witnessing a miracle. I mean the very simple fact we exist as the conscious soul-bearing creatures we are is one of them. But if you mean one of those out of natural things kind of a miracle then no.
The list of my nominees is: *drums*
- Tommai’s tablet
- Robert M. Wright- Storyteller
- A mix of anything and everything
- Toutsi19’s Blog
- Escape from womanhood
- Cabin Pressure May Change
- Textploits of the Writerly Persuasion
And now for the questions:
- What’s the story behind the name of your blog?
- If there was one mythical or fictional creature you’d get to keep as a pet, what would it be?
- Tell us your quote of the day?
- What’s your biggest dream?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- Who is your favorite person in the world?
- If you get the chance to be a part of a different culture, which one it would be?
- If you were given the chance to travel the world, but not see or contact any family or friends during the trip. Would you go?
- You have a magical ability or a super power, what is it and why?
- You are writing your life story, what’s the first line?
Now I better go notify my nominees, see you guys later