How are you?
Enjoying the weekend?
I hope so 🙂
Well, yesterday’s prompt (I know I missed it, sorry) was about reputations.
There is a saying in my home (all that breaks can be fixed except your reputation. Once its broken it can never return to be the same)
I can’t really say I disagree.
I mean if someone lied to you once, each time they open their mouth you wonder if they are saying the truth.
The problem with this kind of social image is that it is not always true.
And when you tell someone that, they would say (No smoke without fire) or something of the like.
The worst of all is the damage people’s reputation receive when they are actually the victims.
I mean in many communities, a divorced woman is looked down to.
Especially if she is living in conservative community.
People would keep pointing at her, sending her harsh remarks of why she got divorced even when many of them know exactly what kind of hell she was in while married.
I think that people tend to make judgements and classify people as the culprits without care for the truth and sometimes despite the truth.
Put someone’s name as have been questioned about a certain crime in the headlines and he would be a possible suspect the first day then guilty the next.
They may call him innocent in a court house but his community would rarely care.
I wish we would all be more careful about the kind of things we listen to and believe. Because liars are everywhere, and there is smoke without fire.
You can check out what other bloggers are saying here :
- DAUGHTER, THANK YOU FOR ACCIDENTALLY DELETING THE CANDY CRUSH APP IN MY TABLET | DANDELION’S DEN
- Sliver of a Second | field of thorns
- Well, This Could Be Awkward | Ellen Maybe
- Daily Prompt: Blogger of Repute. | Lux
- Blogger of repute | the mess keeper
- Daily Prompt | Thoughts of an INFP
- A Few of My Favorite Things…. | Coffee Crumbs
- Daily Prompt: Reputation | Artful Homesteader
- What’s in a Moniker? | My Author-itis
- Zero to Hero Day 16: Make a Writing Prompt Your Own | The Dragon’s Lair
- One of My Reputations | Brian Mok
- His & Hers: A shifting definition of “reputation” | Lauren Kells
- You Don’t Have To Go Home, But You Can’t Stay Here | Shades of Teal
- Zero to Hero Challenge : Day 16 | Nicole Sloan’s Writing
- YOU RAISE ME UP | The Christian Gazette
- You Don’t Have To Go Home, But You Can’t Stay Here | Boxes
- #ZerotoHero: Day 16 – Daily Prompt… Make It Your Own | Jottings and Writings
- The Grapevine… | Forty, c’est Fantastique !
- Zero-To-Hero #16 – Daily Prompt | My Weary Mind
- Daily Prompt: Blogger of Repute | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Not An Italian Leather Sofa | Anecdote Love
- Reputation Schmeputation — Zero to Hero day 16 | Cabin Pressure May Change
- Daily Prompt: Blogger of Repute
- You, Me and Bacardi | The Nameless One
- Zero To Hero Day 16: The Reputation Spectrum | Polymathically
- Reputation: Indicator of Society More Than Self | UpDownCharmedStrangeTopBottom
- confessions on reputations and being scared | life and loveliness
- Daily Prompt: Blogger of Repute | eyes like glass
- I have a Reputation | Break the mold
- Street Credit | Corned Beef Hashtag
- Whay You See | Jenn Lost in Chaos
- Day 16: Make a writing prompt your own | Words to the Wise or otherwise just words
- Extreme Anxiety | alienorajt
- #zerotohero Prompts — Make them Yours | pause 2 play
- Reputation | Ginger Haired Ape
- Zero to Hero + Daily Prompt: Blogger of Repute | A Hedonistic Wander
- My reputation | Beneath the veil
- What’s my Rep? | Alexia Jones
- hermit | yi-ching lin photography
- A Zero to Hero post: why I’m not grateful for reputations of any kind. | Life’s little mercies
- Reputations can be wrong | Branching Mama
- Reputation? Day 16 challenge… | Deb’s world
- To be Liked or Respected: That is the Question – Musings on reputation building | Marla’s Musings
- Character vs. Reputation | Yukta Kher
- Daily Prompt: Blogger of Repute | adorablyobnoxious
- Reputation – What’s that all about? | Fictional Creation
- Constipation! Day 16 zero to hero | Eclectic odds n sods
- Zero to Hero Day 16: Make A Writing Prompt Your Own | Seasons Change & I Do Too
- Beneath A Reputation | Jo Blogs Jo Bakes
- Daily Post: You | Destino
- Jane Austen and the importance of reputation | Cultural Life
- Wie man Reputation zerstört | LUTHERS JOURNAL
- Calling all Crazies: Freak Magnet Here | Awkward Laughter