“When you were five years old, who was your hero? What do you think of that person today?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us a HERO.”
Hello there people of the blog sphere!
Today’s daily prompt, as you can see above, is about heroes.
I can’t really recall who was my hero at the age of five, but my aunt was the person I looked up to.
She was very close to me at the time, and still is. Working at the local radio, she was very sincere and enjoyed her work because it was her dream job.
My mom would tell me about the days she spent playing hostess to a show in front of the mirror with a brush in her hand. She was about eight or seven at the time.
She also has the warmest close-to-heart voice I ever heard.
She defied the look of the society who was very enclosed and somehow narrow minded about women, especially young beautiful ones, working in such a public place and be recognized by name and voice almost everywhere around the town.
It was half her own power and the rest my uncle’s encouragement, may he rest in peace.
What made her my role model, and my hero is the fact she was doing what she enjoyed and loved and was good at.
As kids, we all look up at celebrities, athletes and successful people because we see in them the figure of those who followed their dreams and did something in their life.
Even at a very young age, the picture of my aunt spending an overnighter at the radio doing a night talk and still returning home happy and the grin on her face left a great impact on me despite my terrible memory 🙂
Another thing about her is that she still has the dreamer flavor to her.
She is about 43 now and still pursuing her dream in becoming a famous writer and poet.
I did catch the reading and writing bug from her 🙂
Most women her age in our community have all lost their smiles and dreams in trying to raise the kids, keep up with the day job and doing the dishes.
Not that there is anything wrong with any of those things, but most of them have lost the twinkle in their eyes.
I do not wish to grow to that kind of a woman.
I want to grow with my dreams still alive, and my eyes still bright just like my hero did 🙂
What about you guys? Would you not introduce me to your heroes, please?
Check out what other bloggers said:
- Morning milk delivery | Vintage Photography
- covet | yi-ching lin photography
- Where were You – the Power of Forgiving | A Teacher’s Blog
- Siegfried Sassoon, Hopelessness and Iraq | As I please
- Feeding The Monster | The Jittery Goat
- daily prompt: heroic | aimanss…
- Daily Prompt: Heroic « cognitive reflection
- DP Daily Prompt: Heroic | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: Heroic | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- 5 Year Old Hero – The Engine that could. | L5GN
- Heroic | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Heroic | Finding Life
- The Portal – A Friday Flash Fantasy | My Little Avalon
- Heroic Visions | THE OVERCOMING
- Tail Business and Heroes! Daily Prompt… | alienorajt
- A Little Girl’s Hero « My journey to qualify for the Boston Marathon…and everything in between…
- Daily Prompt: Heroic | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- The Dad Who Didn’t Have To Be | theauthorwhoknows
- Daily prompt: Heroic | laura-in-china
- My Childhood Hero | all my likes
- My Dad, My Hero | A mom’s blog
- Daily Prompt – Hero. | My Beautiful Messed Up World.
- Even Heroes Can Wear Thin « Mon Cache
- Are You A Hero in Your Home? | Ako Si Ehm Blog
- The Dark Knight | Sébastien Grobelny – Photography
- Hanging with the Guys | Nicetomeetyou:I’mCourtney
- Daily Prompt: Heroic | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Of becoming your own hero/ heroine. | Concentrate On Yourself
- Mr. Rogers Was My Hero
- Moon, Moon on the sky…….Watch Me Die | Shadows Of The Divine
- Daily Prompt: Heroic | Basically Beyond Basic
- My Heroes | Flowers and Breezes
- Still my hero | Life is great
- Heroic : My 5 Year Old Self. | ♥Barb’s Magical Land Of Oz♥
- Who Says Heroes Have to Wear Capes? | meanderedwanderings
- The Forgotten Hero | Dance with the Rain
- Lawrence of Arabia/Daily Prompt-Hero | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- MY HEROES WEAR MASKS – HI YO SILVER! THE LONG RANGER RIDE AGAIN! | SERENDIPITY
- babusya | peacefulblessedstar
- MY HEROES WEAR MASKS – THE LONG RANGER RIDE AGAIN! | SERENDIPITY
- Daddy | The Magic Black Book
- Still my hero | From Five to Fifty
- My First Post-marital Blog Post | Vagabond
- Five’s Hero.. | Relax
- A Father’s Enduring Love | Lisa’s Kansa Muse ~ Dreamy abstraction in a 100 year old Four Square Farm House
- Heroic | The Story of a Guy
- I don’t remember being five | dreaming of melville